#EduGoalsMOOC - Badges and Learning Missions

I have been awarding badges to my students since I started using Edmodo as LMS some years ago, and I even created some of them using the built-in function. However, this is the first time that I'm designing them from scratch.

Among the resources provided in the course


I have experimented with Credly and Canva.

I must admit I had to look for a Canva tutorial on how to create badges. 



But then it took me only a few minutes to produce my first Canva Badge:

          
   
Only when I posted it here did I realise it was too small (90x90 px). I discovered that a free plan doesn't allow you to resize your badge; you have to create another project and start again. Good to know! 
How could I not try once again? Here it is: my second effort! Not bad! I think I am going to award it to my students who have recently posted a traditional recipe in English for our eTwinning project.

                 
Like some fellow teachers, I sometimes struggle to motivate my learners and the older they are the harder it gets. You may think they should have an internal motivation when it comes to learning languages. It turns out most of them don't feel the need to learn English or they consider it as another boring school subject. However, when they see that what they are doing could actually lead to learning something useful for their daily life, then something changes. Learning Missions could help bring school activities and homework closer to real life and the badge component could add a rewarding element which contributes to reviving motivation.


Comments