#EduGoalsMOOC - Week4 Reflections



What is in your teacher survival kit?

The teacher survival kit I described reflects what I daily carry inside my teacher's bag (or bags) and includes my laptop, USB key and speakers for activities in classes where I can use technology. If the only available "tech tool" in the classroom is a blackboard, then I need my set of coloured chalks. 

How will your teacher survival kit help you better manage your classroom?

The cup of coffee is definitely the element of the kit which keeps me awake and responsive. The other elements depend on a lot of factors, such as the class I'm teaching (students are different and need different strategies) or the number of students involved in the activities. In the worst case scenarios, a photocopied worksheet or a warmer / filler coming from experience or recent reading could be a good choice.

How will creating a resource hub for parents help you engage parents so that students behave better online and in your classroom? 

This is quite interesting. I think parents should be more involved and not participate only in teacher-parent meetings twice a year to know how their children are doing or to complain about teachers. There must be a real, closer relationship so that they can see how their children behave both at school and on the Net. Schools should organise joint parents-students events and devote a section of their website or a monthly publication to parents, with advice and interesting news and information.

Comments