#EduGoalsMOOC - Week 3 Reflections


  • How will you adapt your curriculum according to one or more of the digital learning theories?
I have been slowly trying to integrate some elements from these various digital learning theories for a few years, exploiting the opportunities provided by some digital tools and resources in order to transform my students from passive users into active and critical creators. 

It's a long journey and I'm still at the very beginning. Sometimes it's frustrating when students do not respond they way you would need them to or they don't share the same enthusiasm (do they ever?).

However, I feel I need to learn more and understand better in order to turn these theories into something which could actually work for my class. And I learn best from peers' examples. That's why this MOOC is so useful and relevant.

  • How will teaching students about their digital footprint benefit them?
It is absolutely fundamental that students learn how to value their digital identity and understand the importance of privacy on the Net. But this is also a gradual process. The more they work with digital resources, the more they need to be gently guided to protect themselves, respect others and make the most of their digital experience for their present and for their future. 

Comments